Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Team - Washington Nationals this year

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9099213/jonah-keri-nl-east

Jonah Keri is one of my favorite sports writers. Mostly, it's because he's working the definitive history of the Montreal Expos, my all-time favorite baseball team. 

On Tuesday, Keri posted a preview of the National League East, including my current fave the Washington Nationals. The Nats are the descendants of my beloved Expos, and it was fun to watch them do well last season. Granted, Philadelphia and Atlanta have had more recent experience winning the division, but Washington should be in contention all season as well. The starting pitching is solid, the offense is capable, the defense is dependable and the bench is an asset. The bullpen could use a lefty pitcher, but the roster otherwise looks ready for competition.

For baseball posts, I may try this format: at the start of every series, I'll begin with probably starting pitcher matchups. Each night, I may send up a post-game observation or two. Maybe the post-game post will be an impressive personal performance. It might be an individual play that proved to be a turning point in a game. It may be one of those "I've never seen that on a baseball field before" moments. 

Baseball has been my favorite sport since I was a pre-teen. I look forward to writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment