Saturday, July 6, 2013

In Dreams Two-fer - "Hostage" & "Deployed, Again?"

First one, I was at a college auditorium. Don't know why, but during the time there a team of folk took us hostage. Even though they had weapons, we didn't feel any particular threat or danger. The bad guys allowed us to walk around the concourse that surrounded the auditorium fairly freely.

Every once in a while, as I walked around, I encountered two women. I was romantically involved with both. Each woman was aware of the other, and I sensed that each was preparing to confront me about the other. I didn't feel any dread about that either.

Eventually, us hostages got bored with our status, so we started formulating various escape options. While some others were in a corner, I wandered over to an exterior door. I could see people outside coming towards the door, including friends of mine from church. As they started to open the door, someone else exited while whispering "don't go in there". My friends paused for a minute, which allowed me to slip through the door. 

As I got outside, one of my friends handed me a 9mm pistol. As I examined the pistol, I sensed someone watching me. I looked up to my right, and saw a man reclining on a retaining wall. He seemed calm. I was unsure if he was a bystander or part of the team who took us hostage. I found myself contemplating whether or not I should shoot him or enlist his help in freeing other hostages.

Second dream, I was at yet another undisclosed location in southwest Asia. It was that typical deployment location, with sand all around & gravel in a few places. As usual, after my daily duties were complete I walked around a bunch. I could hear the crunch of the gravel under my feet. 

When I got to my room, my son was there. He was fiddling with a cell phone, and trying to teach me some little-used technique. I got bored and restless, and found myself staring out the window. Eventually, I made my way to a laptop, and started surfing the 'Net.

No comments:

Post a Comment