Thursday, July 5, 2012

What's on my iPod - "Right Part of Me" by Toto

Those who know me well know I am a huge Toto fan.  I've always enjoyed their musicianship and versatility.  Over the years, I've collected most of their releases.  I'll indulge in this space, listing my ten favorite releases by this exceptional band.  First up is number ten on my personal list.

Lyrics - http://www.toto99.com/lyrics/xxlyrics.shtml

This song was a part of the "Toto XX" release, celebrating the band's 20th anniversary.  That disc was a compilation release of rarities, studio tracks, etc.  I found out about it in early '99, and ordered it off Amazon.com.

The song was originally recorded in '84, but not released on any of their previous albums.  David Paich and Bobby Kimball are credited as co-songwriters, with Kimball singing the lead vocal.  Lush strings, piano in the forefront, sweet but short guitar solo, Jeff Porcaro on drums (R.I.P.).  It's a nicely done love song.  Don't know if it would have ever garnered radio airplay, but it's the type of song people would like if they heard it.

Next time, number 9 - "Goodbye, Elenore".


No comments:

Post a Comment