Monday, January 28, 2013

In Dreams - Here comes the game

Had a dream a few hours ago. Figure I'd better jot it down here.

I show up at a gym to participate in an "intramural reunion basketball game". Why a reunion, I have no idea. Anyway, I go into the locker room, and it's cluttered. Spare equipment is scattered about. Some of the lockers look dusty and stale, like they haven't been used in years. At the end of each aisle, there are sinks and urinals, and I have an insistent urge to go...

Other guys start filing in. Some players look like they just finished a workout. They are supremely fit, and eager for competition. Some dudes look like they've been sitting on couches the last few decades. Overweight, unshaven, but confident they can keep up in the upcoming game.

I'm somewhere in the middle. Not as fit as I was 30 years ago, but not completely out of shape. As guys tend to do, I find myself sizing up the other guys. Which will be on my team & which will be opponents? Which guy might I have to cover?

There is a sub-plot about my ordering pizza for the neighborhood surrounding the gym, except the pizza company failed to deliver the pizzas on time. So, as I'm walking around the gym to find out more about the upcoming game, there is some young guy in my ear complaining about the pizzas not being delivered.

I always end up waking from the dream before the game actually starts. I never find out the makeup of the teams or the result of the match up.

I've had parts of this dream recently, the parts about being in the dusty locker room & the feeling of something impending. Maybe something big is coming, but I have no idea what.

No comments:

Post a Comment