Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It happened again

http://www.gazette.com/articles/body-150292-police-investigating.html

While working on the canteen last night, one of our customers told me about this. I don't know the victim by name, but I am fairly sure I would have recognized his face. I may have seen him/talked to him as recently as last Thursday. Like the other times, word of another death on the streets is sad beyond imagining. To think that this guy died cold and alone is heartbreaking.

Interesting contrast to what happened north of here a few weeks ago:

http://www.denverpost.com/circare/html/sca_template.jsp?sortBy=mngi&aff=3&query=Boulder+elk+shooting&view=entiresitesppublished&skin=100&searchbutton.x=0&searchbutton.y=0&searchbutton=Search

Two off-duty policemen shot and killed an elk. The neighborhood residents were grief-stricken. Subsequently, a candlelight vigil was held, and other public displays of grief were noted in the local media. The officers were arrested for conspiracy, and they eventually resigned their positions.

I love animals. All life is a gift from God. It appears at first glance the elk got more love & attention in death than the man did.

Do we have it backwards? I think we do. If a wild animal can get that much support in a community, how much more does a human deserve?

No comments:

Post a Comment