Sunday, February 3, 2013

In Dreams - "Where are my car keys?"

(Correction - on the elk shooting, I later found out only one of the two cops were off-duty.)

(Disclosure about this post - I am fighting a cold, and the meds give me the craziest dreams.)

It started with a marquee along the side of a busy boulevard. When it's up on its metal post, it's big enough to see from the street. When I took it down and put it across my lap, it was no more than three feet long by two  feet wide. I used cellophane lettering to put "The Prez Wuz Here", one word per row from top to bottom. I vaguely remembered the POTUS had come through whatever town I was in. After changing the lettering, I took the marquee with me.

From there, I was ready to leave but couldn't find my car keys. I started walking around my town, ending up at a newly-built house in a neighborhood in which I formally lived. The house wasn't furnished, but there were eating utensils available. I took down a plate from a cabinet, then reached for the refrigerator. From behind me, I could hear a voice. It was Sean "Puffy" Combs, waiting for me to get done in the fridge so he could review its contents. Since there wasn't much in the fridge, I decided to go to the store. Since I still couldn't find my keys, I started searching again. From kitchen to garage to backyard to outside storage room, I had no idea where my keys were. 

In the midst of looking for my car keys, I also realized I forgot where I parked my car. As I searched now for two items, my mother showed up to provide encouragement. She wanted to talk about fiction writing, but I was distracted.

Next up, I found myself in Omaha at a place were I formerly worked. I walked up and down hallways, but no one else was around. I noticed large murals with faces of guys I know, some I go to church with and others I previously worked with. The murals were well-crafted, with a life-like level of detail. Most of the faces were smiling, and lots of airplanes were painted in the background.

Throughout the dream, my keys were never found.

No comments:

Post a Comment