Thursday, May 2, 2013

In Dreams - "Flyin' Down the Interstate"

I was driving across Kansas, on Interstate 70. Yeah, I was speeding. You wanna make something of it?

Anyway, it was a clear day, a dry track, and I was booking past other drivers. Not a state patrolman in sight, and there were other cars keeping the pace. It was fun, no doubt.

As I was cruising in the fast lane, I came up on a Honda Accord-like hatchback. Funny thing was, the passenger side door and hatchback were both wide open, almost like speed brakes. This was happening at 80 miles per hour or more. I found it strange.

A little further up the road, I got off the interstate and ended up on a dirt road. Now, I was on foot, carrying a box probably 3 cubic feet (large enough to require effort, but not too heavy). I ended up in a dirt driveway that encircled a house. Further up the driveway, I could see a guy working on an older red Dodge pickup. The engine was running fine, but he was tweaking something else. He got to a stopping point, and got in the truck to park it in the stand-alone garage on his property. As he moved the truck, I had room to finish walking down and around on his driveway path.

I walked off his property, shifted the box from one shoulder to the other, and continued walking through the countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment