Monday, May 27, 2013

My Team - Game 4, Grizzlies versus Spurs

It's almost over. The best season in Memphis Grizzlies' history is almost over. I've enjoyed following my team, and they've earned a new level of respect from observers around the league.

But, even with all that, it's almost over. They need to fight like heck to keep from getting swept.As much as Memphis hangs its' hat on defensive prowess, San Antonio is demonstrating its' own defensive ability. Memphis is only scoring 88.3 PPG in this series. Memphis has yet to hit 40% of its' shots in a game (35.7% shooting in the three games).

San Antonio is gonna be a formidable opponent for the defending champion Heat in the NBA Finals. Just because they're not glamorous doesn't mean we should overlook them.

Anyway, here comes Game 4 on Monday night. Memphis will desperately try to prevent a sweep. Are they ready? Are the fans ready? I hope so.

My desire is for the fans to blow the roof off FedEx Forum (like I've been asking before every game). The players might as well go for it all, don't hold anything back.

My concern is a) the team comes out flat, or b) someone like Bayless decides to take over (while shooting 4-17). If the Grizz come out flat, get blown out early, and the fans leave early, those empty seats on the telecast won't look good for Memphis as a league entity.

Yep, Memphis is gonna lose this series. I just hope they don't lose this game. This season, San Antonio is clearly the better team, and they proved it on the floor.

My guess is for this game is Memphis 99, San Antonio 95. It's just purely a fanboy guess. I'm not looking at trends, or which team is better on paper. I just want my team to get one more win in front of the home fans, as a season-ending gift to the city of Memphis. I want this to be a celebration of the best season in Memphis Grizzlies' history.

I guess also that San Antonio isn't going to cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment