Monday, May 13, 2013

In Dreams - "World War II, On My Street"

This morning, I dozed off watching "The Man Who Never Was". Not a knock against the movie. I slept poorly last night, so I indulged in a nap. Given the time period and subject matter of the movie, I shouldn't be surprised about this dream.

I was on the street where I own a home. My neighborhood is relatively new. Construction on my house was finished in February of 1997. The dream's time-frame however was World War II. Nazis were coming down the street to take people away, but none of my neighbors felt any sense of urgency or dread. The mood on my street was as if we were going on a communal field trip. My sisters were in town, and they were telling me to hurry and grab my backpack so I wouldn't be left behind.

I went downstairs into my basement, and it looked astonishingly clean. (At present, the house is being rented to a tenant I've never met.). The carpet was pristine, and there was abundant light in every part of the basement. In fact, it looked so nice I had a twinge of envy - I'd not kept it so beautiful when I lived in it. I made a mental note of some decorating ideas for implementing when I returned.

I took a last look around, and started heading up the stairs. Just at that moment, the phone rang...

No comments:

Post a Comment