Monday, March 25, 2013

My Daughter's Wedding Dress

Saturday night, I hung out with my soon-to-be son-in-law's family and some of my relatives. As part of my daughter's upcoming wedding, we're getting together from time to time to get to know each other a bit more and work through the planning part.

Earlier Saturday, my daughter, her aunt and her fiance's mom went wedding dress shopping. They found a nice dress that just happened to go on sale that day. They saved around 20% off the original price, and there are some other perks for buying at that particular establishment.

My son can go to the same store and get a discount on his tuxedo rental. Also, if my daughter gets 8 friends to also get their wedding dresses from the same store in the next 12 months, the store will reimburse her for the total cost of her dress (lots of luck with that).

One other data point I found fascinating was how she couldn't take pictures of other dresses. Seems that people in the past have used such pictures to make knock-off copies of original designs. Maybe I'm the only one left on earth that didn't know that. Makes sense.

I saw a couple of pictures of her dress, and "stunning" is a fitting description. The upcoming wedding is getting a bit more real with every passing day. I'll be "father of the bride" this summer. Better brush up on my dancing and making toasts.


No comments:

Post a Comment