Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Team - Nationals versus Roy Halliday

Saw this on MLB Network Thursday:

Wednesday, the Nationals and Philadelphia played a spring training game, with Stephen Strasburg and Roy Halliday the starting pitchers. Strasburg hit Phillie Chase Utley in the lower leg with a pitch.  A bit later in the game, Halliday threw a pitch behind Washington's Tyler Moore. In his post-game interview, Halliday alluded to his mindset on the mound and baseball's unwritten rules (I paraphrase the following):

"Well, when a teammate gets hit with a pitch, I gotta protect him...but the pitch I threw slipped...but, if it had hit their guy, I guess that would be OK, I guess..."

He was fighting so hard to hold back the smirk. I thought it hilarious. Halliday covered so many clichés in a matter of a few words, it was amazing. He's a pro's pro, for sure.

All kidding aside, watching the Nationals, Phillies and Braves fight it out in the National League East will be fun all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment