Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 1 - I Hate Snow

After 16 hours, 1,100 miles and hearing KISS' "Reason to Live" on the radio, I made it to Memphis. I'm a little bit smoked, so a mid-morning nap is definitely in order.

Leaving Colorado just before sunrise, it was cold, 4 degrees Fahrenheit cold. Yikes. Stopping here, it was mid-40s with light rain. I miss rain.

Encountered a bit of snow from Wichita southbound to the Oklahoma state line. Not too bad, but a bit of a nuisance.

Craziest part of yesterday's cruise was a wreck on the Broken Arrow Expressway, southeast edge of Tulsa, right at rush hour. A large black SUV, in the far right lane of four lanes, made an unexpected hard left turn across the other three lanes of traffic. The SUV grazed a car or two, bounced off a concrete median, then bolted back across those same three lanes, returning from left to right. If I hadn't seen it, I definitely wouldn't believe it. Don't think anyone was killed, but it was a mess.

Anyway, just had some of my mom's homemade mac-n-cheese for breakfast (yes!), and could use a stretch. More posting to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment