Sunday, February 3, 2013

Football is done, here comes baseball

I like football a lot. I really do. The season is over. Hail to the Baltimore Ravens winning the league championship.

In the next week and a half, major leaguers and aspirants will report to select sites in Arizona and Florida to prepare for a new season. For me, "pitchers and catchers report" means spring is not far behind. For me, baseball evokes memories of trees beginning to bud, grass sprouts peeking out from dry thatch, warm breezes, etc.

I don't mind winter. If I have nowhere to go, bring on the heavy snow. However, I'm more of a warm-weather, ocean wave kind of guy. I don't swim, I just like the rhythmic sound of waves sloshing about.

My favorite team is the Washington Nationals. The 2012 season ended in disappointment, but 2013 could be the year the team makes it to the World Series. You bet I will be near a television most days of the season. Some people follow soap operas or their favorite reality television personality day after day. Baseball is my soap opera, my reality TV.

I prefer baseball. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment