Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 5 - It's Just Good to be Home

Visiting today with various members of my birth family and assorted in-laws from my first marriage, several reminders invigorated me:
  • Having a sense of humor in common with my parents and siblings. We "get" one another, as it should be.
  • For my first wife's brother and his wife, being able to resume discussions on sports or religion as if we left off yesterday instead of months ago.
  • For my first wife's sister and her husband, being able to talk about challenges in the workplace or adjusting to a life of retirement.
  • Being in public and encountering strangers who actually have a sense of cordiality.
  • Being able to strike up a conversation with someone I've never known before today, and actually enjoy that conversation.
  • Enjoying moderate weather, including enough humidity so my sinuses aren't so beat up. 
I left this area nearly 30 years ago, seeking something I couldn't identify at the time. Now, what I think I want for the future is actually found at my launch point.

No comments:

Post a Comment