Friday, February 8, 2013

In Dreams - "Hey, You're Not Penelope!"

The dream started with me on walkabout. I'm shuffling across a vast desert, but it's not particularly hot. Don't know what I'm looking for, exactly. Whatever it was, it must have been interesting. Vision quest, perhaps?

Anyway, I get to a location where rest is afforded me. Trailers, similar to those I've stayed in when I was in the military, were available.  I drop off my gear and take a break.

Fast forward: it's time to pack up and break camp. I had been out of my room doing something, so I had go retrieve my gear. I open the door to the room, and I see my ex-wife. She's just as angry and mean-spirited as I remember. Those old familiar feelings returned right away. So, of course I grabbed my gear and continued the journey.

I woke up a little after 0100 hours with a splitting headache.

Lesson re-learned: every dream isn't a pleasant one, with me in a pastoral field or flying high in a friendly sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment